Friday, May 13, 2011

Poffertjes A real Dutch Treat Recipe

Stacey and Ron enjoyed poffertjes so much when they were home, they want the recipe.  I have the pan to make them in just like they do it uptown at Tulip Time.  You can also make them in a 9 x 13 pan and cut them into squares.
During the Tulip Time Days here at my house,  I usually keep the pan on the stove and the blender in the fridge with poffertjes mix in it.  We make them anytime during the day we like but only for 3 days out of the year.  Yes I have been known to start a little early in the week but by the time Saturday evening comes around I'm ready to clean up my stove and put the poffertjes pan in the pantry till next year.  It's amazing that we get poffertjes whether we see a parade or not.  This year Brandyn called to an order and carried them out the door for him and Rick.  Never too busy for poffertjes.


Poffertjes

4 Eggs
2 C. Milk
1 1/4 C. Flour
2 t. Sugar
1 t. Salt
Mix all together in blender
Melt 2 T butter in 9 x 13 pan and pour batter into pan
Bake 425 for 15-20 minutes
Top with melted butter and powdered sugar

Enjoy!  You can order the pan online if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment